Support Chabot-Las Positas Community College board Trustee Luis Reynoso against the alphabet mob.
Takes only 1/2 a minute! Click this LINK to send emails to all 7 Chabot-Las Positas Community College board trustees.
The link takes you to this URL: https://www.jotform.com/223167315727154
THE PROBLEM AND THE SOLUTION
1. DIRE PERFORMANCE
Hayward Unified School District (HUSD) spends over $300M annually. Yet, only 37% of students have reading proficiency and only 25% have math proficiency. HUSD is robbing our children of the ability to read a job application, write a resume, or count money. Our parents, students, and teachers deserve better. Change starts from the top. Accountability starts and ends at the school board. I will use my experiences as CEO, educator, and instructor, along with my strong family and educational values, to lead HUSD in the right direction. My mission is to transform HUSD into the gold standard for other schools to follow.
2. Parents’ Priorities are My Priorities
- Raise student performance by redirecting funds away from controversial, radical, and divisive programs.
- Guarantee parents have a voice on the school board, especially on curriculum and spending.
- Keep schools open. Reopen closed schools with public-private partnerships.
- Stop guns, violence, and drugs at schools. Hire more campus safety officers.
3. Electing the Same People Won’t Result in Better Education
The fight for our children’s future is right here, right now, in our local schools. Even if you don’t have children, today’s children are tomorrow’s decision makers. This November, more than ever, we must vote for change in school board members.
My endorsers include:
- Kevin Kiley, California State Assemblyman, District 6; Candidate, US House of Representatives, CA District 3
- Lance Christensen, Candidate, California Superintendent of Public Instruction
- Silicon Valley Association of Republican Women
- Alameda County Republican Party
- California Parents United
- Sikh Scope
- Luis Reynoso-HUSD Board Trustee 2008-2020, Chabot-Las Positas Community College District Trustee
Watch me in action:
WHO AM I?
I was born and grew up in a sparse San Francisco Chinatown home, but one that was rich in character, tradition, and love. As the son of immigrants, my family values were those of character, dedication, hard work, compassion, and inspiration – the values I think most of us share today as well.
I was blessed with a great education in our public schools: Skyline College – AA degree, Administration of Justice. Elected Student Body Officer. Utah Valley University – Aviation Administration. University of North Dakota – Unmanned Aircraft Systems, Campus Ambassador. I am also certified as a California Police Officer Standard Training Instructor and FEMA Terrorism First Responder.
I worked entry-level jobs to support myself through school, including security guard, janitor, ride-share driver, and truck driver. My hard work earned me the chance to be an entrepreneur and instructor and resulted in the establishment, ownership, and daily operation of a successful small business. Throughout my career, I mentored minority, at-risk youth, and parents. I thrive on solving complex problems, communicating in everyday language, and helping others achieve their potential.
I bought a home in Hayward and this is where I plan to start my family. My neighbors immediately welcomed me and I felt a small-town sincerity. I fell in love with the people of Hayward. They have strong family values and look out for each other. I am proud and blessed to live here and have my modest piece of the American Dream. I want to contribute to this great community by being your voice on the Hayward School Board.